Do you suspect misconduct, such as corruption or sexual harassment, at ForumCiv?
We primarily encourage you to contact a manager in our organization directly. If you are not comfortable with this, you can contact anyone of the following three individuals:
- Elisabet Eklind, Security Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anna Stenvinkel, Secretary General, email@example.com
- Magnus Lindell, Chair of the Board, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel you cannot be open with your information, we offer the option of reporting your concern anonymously. This is handled through our whistle-blowing system.
As a whistle blower you can keep your anonymity if you so wish, and you will not be punished in any way for raising the issue of a possible misconduct through whistle blowing. (This does not include complainants making knowingly false or malicious allegations.)
ForumCiv will investigate any suspected misconduct within a reasonable time and ensure that any wrongdoing is righted. ForumCiv will also determine how such misconduct can be prevented from happening again.
ForumCiv defines misconduct as all unlawful and unethical behavior, such as the following examples:
- Not complying with a ForumCiv policy and agreements.
- Knowingly violating a country's local laws or regulations.
- Questionable accounting and fraud.
- Activities that may cause damage to a person or property.
- Abuse of power or position.
- Not disclosing a conflict of interest.
(This are just examples and not a list of all types of misconduct.)
Our whistle-blowing service
You can use this service in any of the countries where ForumCiv has offices or supports projects or programs.
You can use this service to report suspicions of misconduct if you are employed by ForumCiv or if you are working in one of ForumCiv’s partner organizations, including partners at subsequent levels. You can also use this service if you are an intern, a consultant, or a service provider working with ForumCiv.
This link will get you to the webpage where you enter information about your suspicions of misconduct. Please provide clear and comprehensive information. You can also add any relevant documentation you may have. To conclude your whistleblowing, click on the enter/submit icon.
Once you have submitted your report you will receive a unique ID that you must save somewhere to use when you check in for responses or if you want to add information to the report.
If you have questions about how to use the Whistleblower system, you can call the support function at Nordic Whistle (+46) 844 687 424.
Your report will be securely handled
The reporting channel is provided by an external service provider called Nordic Whistle, to ensure anonymity. The reporting process is encrypted, and password protected.
All reports submitted through Nordic Whistle are considered confidential and processed accordingly.
Our goal is to respond to messages through Nordic Whistle within five working days of receiving a concern. The responsible manager will communicate back to the whistle blower to:
- Confirm that the case has been received.
- Indicate how the case will be handled.
- Provide an estimate of how long it will take to reach a final solution.
- Let the whistle blower know if an initial investigation will be conducted.
At this or a later time, the responsible manager will also let the whistle blower know if further investigations will take place or not and explain why.